This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SEED TEST

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

SEED TEST

Postby SONNY » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:57 am

Time to test your "saved" seed or really old packaged seed for growing! I just got a small grow light, so will have to make several attemps to get all of them done!
Also consider early soil testing.------I prefer fall for that, BUT was not possible then, so will do some now and get a vague idea how the fertility is at this point.---Been spreading LOTS of compost this last year and working it in, so it might get by 1 more season.---It takes 2 or 3 years for most fertilize to break down so plants can get full use of it!
Any of you guys been thinking about the garden under the 6 foot deep snow drifts! LOL!!!

just got 3 pumpkin pies made from 1 nice pumpkin that I just opened and saved more seed from it!( it will make 3 or 4 more )----these are food grade Dickinson commercial processing squash-type pumpkins like Libby uses! ---I had around 3,000 pounds of them last year and still have a couple thousand pounds in storage. (they are good keepers too)---if anybody wants them,---come gett-um! LOL! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: SEED TEST

Postby grumpy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:27 pm

:D :D Nice offer Sonny, wish I lived closer. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Did a few ph tests today and all were right a 7.0 (neutral) so no lime here!---still have the npk tests to do!----think they are all low!
started more test germination flats of old seed today too, so will see what comes up! lol! thanks; sonny

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Old beet seed is up!---took 4 days---so that will do for beets.---still waiting for peas , sweet corn, turnips. thanks; sonny

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Did the NPK tests and all are below VERY LOW, so will be dumping the fertilizer this year IF we can scratch enough money to buy the stuff! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”