New Farmall H at the Farm

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:44 am

THis H showed up in our classifieds for $875. I called the seller instantly. We drove 4h down to Wellsboro, PA to pick up the 1946 H. It's in really good condition except for the gaudy over sized headlights that someone added since 1946. Here is a video of Dad '19 using the new tractor to mow down corn stalks for fall plowing. The deal came with a 5' tow behind brush hog and a 3 point hitch heavy duty cultivator. It was quite a trailer load for the 250 mile journey back home.

Ken

Re: New Farmall H at the Farm

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:56 am

Watching as he made the turn, those look like spotlights. bet they are brighter than the originals. listening to it run, it sounds like you got a good deal

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:58 am

John - doesn't smoke, it doesn't skip, it starts right up. Most everything we'll do to this is cosmetic. Thanks for watching and replying.

Ken

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:17 am

Its even got the often missing grill piece for the cultivator steer arm. The one everbody took off and tossed in the shed.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:29 am

It has a new mag, battery and it's still 6V. The rubber is good, but is cracked, but serviceable for many years...

It needs:
1. Ammeter - I'd like to put a new Brillman harness on it.
2. Temp Gauge and Sending Unit
3. Oil and filter change
4. Seat Bushings
5. Some draw bar repair - it's been cob welded at the swivel point.
6. Steering wheel repair like I did on Rex '48
7. Clean and Paint.....
8. Change those silly headlights...

Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 am

You got quite a deal on that one. Nice sounding H and implements with a 3-point hitch to boot! :{_}: Nice!!

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Ken,
You listed 8 things to do. But you forgot 1.

#9 Send to Roy in Florid to watch over and protect for you. :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:38 pm

You already have several tractors that you smuggled out of the North Country, Roy. :D

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks for the offer Roy - The 46 would probably overheat - she's a Northern gal born and raised - could not take that heat and humidity :D :D :D

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Don McCombs wrote:You already have several tractors that you smuggled out of the North Country, Roy. :D

Smuggled? Smuggled!!

Heck, Don, just because you get them quickly under the clock of darkness doesn't been you smuggled 'em, does it? :lol:

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Beautiful H, Ken... One of the tractors that I would really like to own one day. That and an M...

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Don McCombs wrote:You already have several tractors that you smuggled out of the North Country, Roy. :D

There's one sitting up he won't get! :lol:

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Guess we'll have to do the" hip, hip," a little louder next year at Cecil's.... :lol: ....(I Just turned 67.....My wife just told me "There's some inspiration for you")...Gotta love it... :thumbsup: Dave

Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Good deal. You may want to think about keeping those lights. Grump