This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

had to plant a second planting

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23453
Tractors Owned: .
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c
Circle of Safety: Y

had to plant a second planting

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:04 am

We had so much rain this spring that it was to wet for the garden. First planting only got three butternut squash and a row of tomato plants that survived. Had three inches of standing water for several days. second planting was a taker. everything came up except the eggplant. I will sow some leaf letuice in that row after we dry out from storm Andrea that is passing through today. After seeing Boss Hogs corn at Hog Waller it made me realize how far behind we are here in Virginia Beach area. Farmers are just getting some of there crops in their fields now. Of course srawberries are in there pime now.
Pete from Virginia Beach

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: had to plant a second planting

Postby v w » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:16 am

The eggplant didn't come up? Boy are you lucky!! :D Second plantings are not uncommon and is as you well know a part of gardening. I prefer to start plants and set out but even then there sometimes needs to be plants replaced. I lost a squash, and pie pumkin which I had extra plants for a replant and 2 jack pumpkins which will be direct seeded. Vern

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”