This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler

Postby Eugene » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Recipe is from Allrecipes.com., titled Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler.

Oven at 350 degrees, 4 tablespoons of butter in bottom of baking dish. Let butter melt.

Separate bowl. 3/4 cup all purpose flower. 3/4 cup sugar. 1 teaspoon baking powder. 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix thoroughly. Add 3/4 cup milk. Stir until batter is smooth.

Once butter in baking dish is melted, add batter. Place about 2 cups of fruit on top of batter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Test for doneness.

I've been using frozen fruit from garden, strawberries and black raspberries. Might want to add more sugar to basic recipe because first batch was not as sweet as I thought it should be.

Edit: 2nd batch added 1/3 cup additional sugar to recipe. Much better.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75959

Re: Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler

Postby Billy Fussell » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 am

My wife uses this recipe all the time. It is really good too. Like you said about the sugar, you can adjust for taste.

Billy

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”