This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Stupid part II

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250
Circle of Safety: Y

Stupid part II

Postby Yogie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:54 am

They just tossed in another off the wall season here in our state. Bow deer season has been in for about 3 weeks with some bear and turkey hunting added and now this coming week they've opened 3 days of rifle doe only. :roll:
Bow hunters are mad because game will be hard to hunt after this plus they've been on edge trying to hunt full camo with squirrel, turkey and bear hunters in the woods.
Most all of the true gun hunters are mad because most of the hunters out this week will shoot every buck instead of doe that they see. :roll:
All about the $$$$$ anymore.
Glad I bought my lifetime license 30 years ago, that investment really paid off.
Also bought Grayson's when he was born so if he ever moves away he can always come back home to hunt ( if there's anything left ). :roll:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Re: Stupid part II

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:15 am

The WV game commission must be run by the white house :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:21 pm

You got that right Yogie. Around here there is hardly a buck to be seen by the time gun season starts.
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

gcbailey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24740
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall CUB #62395
'62 Cub Cadet
'69 Cub Cadet 73 w/Haban Sickle bar
'71 Cub Cadet 127
'76 Cub Cadet Sof76
'07 Cub Cadet LT1045
'09 Cub Cadet GT2544

Postby gcbailey » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Boss Hog wrote:The WV game commission must be run by the white house :D

If you only knew..... my mom works for the state, throughout the state and it's the biggest mess of incompetency you ever saw in some state depts.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:44 am

The public hunting lands around here have been micro-managed to the point where nobody uses them anymore. Hunts on the game-rich lands, (those close to the Miss. river) are awarded by lottery....and it seems it goes to friends and family of state employees....imagine that. :roll: It has forced the rest of us to join private leases. That can be expense, but they usually are better managed and cater to specific types of hunters. Personally, I don't hunt much anymore due to lack of time. Maybe I'll get back in it when I retire, but for now....I enjoy fishing more, which I can do closer to home where it's not an all day, or all weekend commitment. My son on the other hand lives and breathes hunting. So much so, that he and a couple of class mates have started an organization as part of a class project. It's a work in progress and a bit early in their curriculum,(soph.year), but I suppose the earlier the better nowadays. I doubt it makes anything because of the small niche, but...they're learning, and it's been my experience that the busier kids are, specifically young men, the more prone they are to stay out of trouble. 8)
http://www.collegebowhunters.com/index.html

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:56 am

I couldn't agree more Harold. And from his posts on Facebook page, I can tell he really likes it. I lived and breathed it myself at his age. I'm like you though, I just don't have the time anymore. I take my boy when I can. He loves it!
Thomas

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”