This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Reality check

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

Reality check

Postby DanR » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:47 am

Yesterday was not a fun day. I was discing the corn field and realized that when it's done I can put away the SA for the winter. The reality is next year I'm cutting the field size by 2/3. I'm at the point that I'm not able to take care of that much garden. The SA won't have much to do. Neither will the H and the planter Cub. Kind of sad when you're aging along with your tractors.
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

gcbailey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24740
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall CUB #62395
'62 Cub Cadet
'69 Cub Cadet 73 w/Haban Sickle bar
'71 Cub Cadet 127
'76 Cub Cadet Sof76
'07 Cub Cadet LT1045
'09 Cub Cadet GT2544
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Reality check

Postby gcbailey » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:40 am

I have watched that happen over the years with my grandparents. Back when I was young, they used to have a 2 acre plot, within the past few years and my grandpa suffering from COPD and being on oxygen it greatly reduced year by year until there wasn't even one planted this year. My grandpa turned 80 and had his gallbladder removed so he wasn't able at all. I live about an hour away but wish I lived closer so I could carry it on.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”