This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

TOMATILLIO

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

TOMATILLIO

Postby v w » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:00 am

I grow and sell a few tomato plants in the spring. This year I added tomatillio which I have never grown. There were a few plants unsold and I had a strip where the potatos did come well so I planted the tomatillio. How do I know when these things are ready? The seed catalog shows the husk splitting so I doubt I'm ready yet. How long will they hold on the vine? I'm hopping to get enough for Jeanne to make a batch of salsa verde. Thanks, Vern

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: TOMATILLIO

Postby DanR » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:24 am

When the green outer hull starts to lose it's color feel the tomatillo inside. If it's almost filling the hull it's OK to pick. Trish put up three pints of salsa Verde yesterday.
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”