This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I told you so

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

I told you so

Postby DanR » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:09 am

With the mild winter and the spring in the 70's and 80's people have been buying spring plants in droves. A visit to the big box's and garden centers leaves you shaking your head and maybe a little tear. Our last frost date is still 5 weeks out. Sure enough we had a killing frost the other night. The early bird gardeners were back in the next two days. The lines were longer with people holding new plants and complaining about the money Mother Nature had taken from their hands. I suppose the large plant growers are laughing all the way to the bank.
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I told you so

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 pm

I once scolded a garden center owner, for selling plants, too early. He said that he had to, or the customers would buy elsewhere, and buy the replacements from the other guy, too, even if he warned them. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”