This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

French Dip Sandwiches

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
agnes
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43420

French Dip Sandwiches

Postby agnes » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:27 pm

2 large onions, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1 boneless bottom round roast ( 3 to 4 pounds )
5 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 envelope onion soup mix
1-1/2 t. browning sauce, optional
1 garlic clove, minced

In a skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Transfer to a slow cooker. Cut roast in half, place over onions. Combine water, soy sauce, soup mix, browning sauce and garlic. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and let set for 15 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain. Return to juices to marinate. ( I leave out one cup of water, you can always add it if the juices are too strong. )

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Wise Owl » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:04 pm

You go girl
Glad you posted it Agnes!!! :) It sounds absolutely delicious. Will have to try it. I love meals I can throw in a pot or pan and forget about them and reap the aromatherapy all afternoon.

Emilie

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”