This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dan England & Rudi

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Dan England & Rudi

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:56 pm

I don't about you all, but just going through some of these recipes. It sounds to me that Rudi and Dan have themselves a couple MIGHTY FINE cooks :lol:
Mary can cook, but her problem with working 12 hour shifts, is not HOW TO, but rather WHAT TO cook, AND me cooking, well that's a joke :) So these easy recipes is something I can throw into the slow cooker or oven, so it's ready when she gets off work at 7:00 pm, this is perfect for our busy lifestyle

KEEP them forth coming ladies, I just got Mary registered :!:

John Niekamp
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:38 pm

John: You are right. Janie is an excellent cook and loves cooking. She is also a beautiful lady, both on the outside and, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT, within. I have not had the pleasure of meeting Emilie but I will bet that Rudi can report the same for her. Also, thanks for the complement. Too often husbands, at least this one, fail to tell wives that we are pleased and that we appreciate the many things which they do so well which holds the family unit together. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Should we all do that before we leave for work tomorrow? Dan

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:00 pm

John and Dan:

Boy you got that right! However, one difference. I am retired, so I can stay home all day and tell her in person myself - over and over. That is a lot of fun. :!: :lol:

I know that Em and I being married 23 years on the 18 of March coming, have sometimes put ourselves after the kids and all, just like everybody else does. But you have to remember to take care of the Couple, as they are intrinsic to the family unit. Too many times we say that we can get to it when the kids are all growed up. As we found out, that may not always be possible. Em and I are fortunate though, we got a second chance.

This particular Valentine's Day is gonna be awful special for me :!: I am still around to tell her how much I love her and how much I appreciate all that she does for us :!:

John, if you can peel carrots and potato's, can quarter an onion, then has Em got a recipe for you :!: It is so good that it really should be served in a restaurant (maybe my daughter Sabrina will put it on the menu - she hopes to own one some day). It will fall apart in your mouth, that is how tender the beef gets. Ask her for her "Beouf a Bovril" recipe. I can guarantee you that Mary will really be glad you made it for dinner. Your reputation will improve by leaps and bounds!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:18 pm

Well by golly Rudi, I will just take Em up on that "Beouf a Bovril", could that be French possibly

I can see Mary walking in the door and ME having supper ready ALL ON MY OWN, but better watch out might be taking her to the ER, due to either heart failure or food poising.

Well, Wise-owl how about that recipe, sounds like everything in it, is what we all like around here.

BTW Rudi, maybe I really shouldn't speak for Em, but I am willing to bet the Cub, that she is most grateful to have you still around too

Dan, I hate to admit, but I have WAY to often I have not told Mary how much she is appreciated and how much I really do love her. We met in late April of 1989 and got married a few months later in August, rode off to Colorado on my Harley and been happily married ever since. Then our oldest son came along in 91, then so on. Some people say that kids puts a strain on a marriage, we never found that to be the case, not to say kids don't make it a LOT more interesting. I am sure we all can agree to that.

I remember reading something one day that went something like this, "Behind every successful man, is a woman pushing him, along the way" I don't know if that's word for word, but I think it's close, more so, it's TRUE!

John

PS: Wait, I just thought of something. Wasn't this forum here for sat aside for our ladies :?: Sorry to all you fine young ladies out there then.
Machinist

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:48 pm

When Bev and i got married in 1955 we stopped in a little town South Hero Vermont, on Lake champlain. There was a sign in the gift Shop.
" Don't Question your Wifes Judgement
look who she married
"
It's been hanging on the wall ever since.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:04 pm

beaconlight wrote:When Bev and i got married in 1955 we stopped in a little town South Hero Vermont, on Lake champlain. There was a sign in the gift Shop.
" Don't Question your Wifes Judgement
look who she married
"
It's been hanging on the wall ever since.

Bill

BILL I LOVE it, I wonder if they still make em, :lol:
John
Machinist

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:17 am

John I have no idea and there is not a manyfacturers name on it. The sign is thin luan pluwood, I have seen similar ones in gift shops through the years with all types of sayings on them. This one will be 50 years old in june.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:42 am

I would also like the recipe for Beouf a Bovril. Can you send the correct pronunciation by e-mail? Janie

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”