This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

pound cake ala Cathy via Carl

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:50 pm

Dan,

You can do this, and you'll be amazed how much better you'll feel!

For some extremely good advice on achieving permanent weight loss, read “The Ultimate Weight Solution - The Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom” by Dr. Phil McGraw. It's at Walmart in both hard and paperback. Here's a link to his website:
http://www.drphil.com/weightloss/weightloss.jhtml?contentId=sevenkeys.xml&section=Weight%20Loss%20Challenge&subsection=Tips
You may think this sounds like psycho-babble, but it really works if you are willing to give it a chance and learn how to replace those bad eating habits with good ones.

My Dad had 75 pounds of excess weight, high blood pressure, high cholestrol, an enlarged heart and diabetes when he had his first heart attack at age 56. With cardiac surgery virtually unavailable to the public in 1969, he suffered 2 more heart attacks with years of debilitating health problems before "the big one". When my doctor pointed out I had 3 of his 5 warning symptoms and was within 10 years in age of his first heart attack, that was my wake up call.

Good luck and let me know how you're doing with it,

Carl

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:56 am

Thanks, Carl. I will check out Dr. Phil's book. With health problems in your family history, you probably made a life-saving decision when you adopted your new diet and exercise plan. Dan

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”