This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Smoked Lingua - Beef Tongue

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Smoked Lingua - Beef Tongue

Postby Eugene » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:02 pm

2 ea lingua, about 9 lbs, washed.

Brine:
3 cans cheap beer.
1 T salt.
1 large leak, chopped.
3 cloves garlic.
Enough water to cover

Bring brine and lingua to a boil. Remove lingua from brine, cool a bit and remove skin and fat. Let brine and lingua cool.

Taste the brine. You want a slightly salty taste. Adjust the salt level. Also add in any other spices you desire.

Large container lined with two plastic garbage bags, one inside the other. Place the lingua and brine in the plastic bags. Throw in any other meat you want brined. Pull the inner plastic bag up and tie so that the brine covers the meat. Same with outer plastic bag. Place container with meat in the refrigerator for a couple of days.

Rub: Vegetable oil and mustard. Cover meat with the rub. Smoke until meat internal temperature reaches 150 degrees for beef and 180 for pork.

Story time: Daughter said that she and grand daughter were going to Sam’s Club shopping. I gave her $60- and said pick up some beef tongue. Found some in the specialty meats section. Daughter took a long look and refused to pick up the packaged tongue because it looked gross. Grand daughter had to pick up two packages of tongue. At the check out, daughter had the cashier triple bag the tongue so she wouldn’t have to touch or look at it.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jay M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13337
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farm-All Cub

Re: Smoked Lingua - Beef Tongue

Postby Jay M » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:15 pm

I've got to tell you a story that happend to me when I was real young.
Most always, when I came home from school mom had supper cooking on the wood stove. This time it smelt real good so I started to take a look into the pot to see what we were having. I lifted the cover and this ugly looking cows tongue came poping up out of the boiling water! About scared me to death! I decided to go to my friend's house for supper.....

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”