This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Smoked Chicken Liver

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Smoked Chicken Liver

Postby Eugene » Sun May 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Pound or two of chicken liver.

Clean, devein, remove fat. While being cleaned, brine in water with a bit of salt added. Once clean, drain.

In a large bowl place about 1/4 cup vegetable oil - enough to coat the livers. Toss in the livers and mix until well covered with oil.

Make up shallow triple layer aluminum foil trays (deep enough to keep the juices from running all over everything). Place the livers in the tray in a single layer. Into smoker. Smoke/cook until juices run clear. Once in the smoker I do not normally turn the livers over. Just check to see that they are fully cooked.

I only do chicken livers when I'm smoking other meat. About an hour give or take for liver will fully smoke/cook.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”