This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Vegetable Planting Calendar

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Vegetable Planting Calendar

Postby Eugene » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Search the web for the vegetable planting calendar for your state - area. Extension office, Univ of Missouri's contains row spacing, seeding rate, planting depth, days from planting to eating stage and much more.

Recommended vegatable varieties and planting dates: Also from the on line extension office. The one for Missouri is 8 pages long.

Soil temperature, also on line from the extension office. Provides soil temperature at 2" and 6" depths. Worth while since a lot of seeds are dependent on soil temperature to germinate.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Re: Vegetable Planting Calendar

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Eugene,

You are beginning to sound like an Extension Agent. :) :) Way to go!

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Soil Temp. 4/29/10. 2 PM.
2 in. Bare: 63.5°F
4 in. Bare: 63.4°F

Before the extension service(s) went on line, I used to visit and pick up the paper pamphlets. Lots and lots of good information.

I'm also on line with the State Forestery service and the Univ. Mo. forestery research department.

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743

Postby DanR » Thu May 06, 2010 7:06 am

I'm glad to hear that you are using your County's resources. Yesterday was " 3rd graders on the farm " day. It was held at the UT experimental station in Greene County and was sponsored by UT and the Extension Service. FFA, 4-H, Rural Resources, Master Gardeners with the County Extension Agent herded over 500 3RD graders around. Each different class rode around on a tractor pulled tobacco wagon. They say saw chicks hatching and learned about the poultry industry. Next stop was the garden section. They identified different vegetable plants and what they produced. Nutrition was an important part. Next stop was an ultra sound demonstration on a pregnant cow and what the beef program is all about. Lunch time. Hamburgers, ice cream, and milk all which came from the beef industry. Last thing was the farm animals. They got to pet the sheep, pigs, cows, and their babies. In addition to the new tractors of today we had a team of mules with full harness from times past. All the kids had a great time and saw first hand what life on the farm was like. For me I was dead tired after 7 hours. It was worth it. I wish city kids could have come down to the farm. Maybe next time.
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”