This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Garden Disced

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Garden Disced

Postby KETCHAM » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Well this is done early this year!!! I'm still waiting for the next snow!!! Did it once around 11:00am going back in about 6pm to do again.Its still a little wet in there,but not to bad.Nice to get a jump on things this year!!!! Kevin :shock: :shock:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Garden Disced

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Kevin,

That is great! Gotta schedule that corn planter minifest soon. Let me know.

Just finished mowing my lawn for the first time. 10 days ahead of 2008 and 13 days ahead of 2009. Need to put down the crabgrass herbicide, now, may still be too late for complete control. Already have 81 GDD here. Crabgrass begins germinating between 50 to 75 GDD.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tinnerjohn » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Today was anice day to work outside. I felt a little guilty about doing it on Easter Sunday, but I planted peas in the truck patch, than plowed some more so I can hopefully get some more in as soon as these pop up and get the other veggies in at the right time. If you wait till May around here, you may need pontoons. John

shiggy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61776
Tractors Owned: '47 F Cub
'53 H
'66 140

Postby shiggy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:43 pm

I disced up my two acre garden as well today. Pulled my H out of the shed and hooked to my disc. Worked up great. I took 2 acres of our field that was soybeans last year. So I am trying to lose all the trash thats out there. Now I will be able to run my tiller through it. Hopefully get my 80 lbs of seed potatoes in the ground this week. Thinking of gettin another 20 lbs. I just hope the wife will run the potato planter for me. I would rather drive, rows might be a little straighter.

Glad to hear other's are doing the same. Just hope the rain holds off for us.

-shiggy

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Just wentthru my garden again.Did the neighbors also[2].Getting to be like work now.I didn't quite make it home before it poured,got soaked!!!Oh well!!! Got the dust off me quick!!! haha!!Kevin :lol: :lol:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”