This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Attcked in my own yard

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Attcked in my own yard

Postby John(videodoc) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:32 am

The former neighbors black lab, enjoys walking the mile they have moved away and visit his old home. the house out front of me. I own the hay field on all three sides of their .66 acre. Well Wednesday i get a frantic call from the kids before they get on the bus, that lab had attacked my 14 yr old samoyed. And they thought his eye was missing, as he wouldnt open it. So i rushed home from work. Blood everywhere, took him the vet. Numerous stitches later, and a unbecoming haircut, reveal the story. Bruises and cuts. Even the eye lid had to be repaired. The owner of the dog, paid the bill in full. And promised his dog would remain on a chain until he found him a new owner or he would have him put down. I let him know ifn he found his way to my property again, that second part wouldnt be a problem. Everyone in my family would be willing to help him out on that one.

what do you think. The kids saw it, totally unprovoked. That dog has a history of attacking Max and going after the kids, cars and grandma.

Doc

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Re: Attcked in my own yard

Postby grumpy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Sorry to hear that. I guess you handled it better than I would have. (I know you did) I've been around quite a few black labs but never heard of them attacking another dog. Hope all works out for you. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Even though the owner paid for the damages, I would still report it to the local animal control people. If for nothing else, just to get a record started.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

johnny j
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20711
Tractors Owned: 1948 FARMALL CUB #34846

Postby johnny j » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Thank God he left the kids alone. Looks like a lot more Doctor visits for your dog.Dons right, report it just in case.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”