This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My custom painted fishing lures

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

My custom painted fishing lures

Postby BigBill » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:18 pm

I just received my new mister twister super top prop lures refinished by http://www.tclarkcustomlures.com They look awesome pics to follow soon. Bill

1. Crappie
2. Rootbeer
3. Bass
4. Goldfish
5. Bluegill

I wanted to use the Pike/Muskie lures to target the bigger bass. I noticed when i up size my baits when the bite slows down because the bigger fish come into see what the feeding frenzy is all about but they won't hit my smaller bass baits. I figure since they want a meal they can feed on my pike/muskie lures with the custom paint jobs. My biggest large mouth bass so far is 10lbs but i hav eseen bigger fish too but they won't strike the smaller baits. They feed on sunfish/bluegills/crappies/goldfish and smaller bass. I believe the state record is just 12lbs 04oz. TClark did a heck of a paint job on my lures. I fish 3 smaller bodies of water that seem to hold all big bass this gives me the idea that all our bodies of water hold bigger bass but were not catching them because there smart. I'm out there fishing (sitting) at 3:30am sometimes.
Last edited by BigBill on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: My custom painted fishing lures

Postby Bigdog » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Bill's lures:

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

wfmdfm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: .
1947 Circle Cub #1110
1947 Circle Cub #1316
1948 Cub #43915
1966 Power King
189 two way Plow
54A Blade
144 Cultivator
26 ft Welcraft
1967 Case 530ck Backhoe

Postby wfmdfm » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Very nice ! I love to fish but I fish in the ocean. We use large popers and making and painting them passes the time in the winter months. I have also got hooked on rod building to me this is very relaxing. I dont want to steel this thread with that but I will post some pictures.
Wally

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:43 pm

I like to hunt the bigger large mouth bass. My very first big bass was caught at 5am in the dark and when i picked it up i thought i was fishing in saltwater because it was a 10lber. But i have even seen bigger fish swim by. These bigger bass look like torpedo's in the water when there striking on the top. I've watched them many times on there topwater frenzy's. Now its time to readjust my tactics and target them more.
I swear by big baits big fish...... :{_}: The bigger ones aren't finky there fussy and want a meal not a snack for there efforts.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:38 am

Since http://www.mistertwister.com still is offering the chrome and yellow super top props that are discontinued for only $5 i purchased about 20 more of them and sent out more to http://www.tclarkcustomlures.com to get some more awesome paint jobs done. I'm going to have an assortment of super top props with Tclarks custom paint jobs.

He is going to get all my older crankbaits next to paint. With the cost of the new lures with the custom colors its cheaper to have your old favorites repainted by Terry. Plus its a better finish too.

Terry can also make you special custom lures too. I had him make me some larger sunfish lures with his new paint jobs. The bigger bass eat sunfish as there main diet.

I know i'm on the fast track to break the state record for large mouth bass its just a matter of when. I know what time to fish and to be very stealthy (quiet) because these bigger gals are at the shoreline ambushing the bait fish for an easy meal in the dark thats the key to success. I fish 3 or 4 small bodies of water and i'm seeing big bass in all of them so there has to be bigger bass in every state but there not being caught on the 9am to 5pm shift so timing is the key too. Its 3:30am to 8am thats been working for me. But you need to go everyday and it will happen sooner or later.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”