This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spinach

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Spinach

Postby Eugene » Thu May 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Spinach recipies wanted.

Yup. I was given a gallon of cooked (I asume) spinach this afternoon. No one else in the family eats spinach.

What do I do with a gallon of spinach. The guy who gave it to me was going to feed it to the hogs. He had 3 gallons before giving me one. Seems his mother in-law, a single person, went to the local food bank and they loaded her up with spinach.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Spinach

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:32 pm

You can divide it up into pint bags and freeze it. Use it with vegetables in soups and stews over the winter. No one will know the difference unless you tell them.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

IllPayForIt C.H.B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Spinach

Postby IllPayForIt C.H.B » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm

chicken and spinach pizza with alfredo sauce. spincah stuffed roast or steaks and pork chops. spinach can go int some pasta faggioli.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”