This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Japanese beetles and corn silks.

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:08 pm

Yes, Pete, you are right - it is frustrating at times. After a pretty good corn crop last year (scale of 1 to 10, I'd say a 6), I figured this year, I'd plant it all at once instead of staggered plantings as in years past. Seemed the late corn never did any good - maybe too hot, too dry, too many pests. So this year was gonna be different. Planted 20 rows one Saturday, 20 rows the next. Didn't even come up. You know the rest. I did shoot one renegade squirrel when I saw him out there digging up the seed, but geez, can 1 squirrel eat 40 rows of seed? He sure was fat and enjoying himself till that .22 went through him. Maybe I should have planted him - I'd had more corn!

Craig
1949 Cub 81987.
I can take it apart....problem is getting it back together.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Trent M » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:24 am

The corn is ready!! Yellow and white Ambrosia. Boy is it delicious!!

Trent
Trent McPeak

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”