This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Splittin' Wood

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Splittin' Wood

Postby cowboy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:26 pm

I had a helper over today. Hard to belive he is only 4 years old and he has been running the for about a year. I stoped at the bank to get some money for my ebay tractor parts. I told the teller lady I had my nephew helping me split wood today. She said "thats ok as long as he is not four years old or something." My mouth wanted to drop open and I said how did you know? Then she said there are laws about that! And I replied "He is the one that wanted to split it." Amaseing what kids can learn. He just wached me adjusting the throttle then he stated doing it himself. I never showed him how. Hmm this spring he was running the mower deck lift on the cub. I was in deep grass and could not run it all the way dowm. When he put it down I would lift it back up two inches. All of a sudden he was droping it down to where I was setting it at.

Billy

Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:35 pm

Good job Billie

raise em young they learn quicker cause they have less to unlearn before learning properly.

Ron

FuryIII
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby FuryIII » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:38 pm

evielboweviel wrote:Good job Billie

raise em young they learn quicker cause they have less to unlearn before learning properly.

Ron

the best asset a man can have is his offspring. :D

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:39 pm

Thanks Ron

To work and do good work is a thing a thing of pride. We are loosing our craftmanship in this country becuse is becoming to be thought of as bad. I try to show the kids work can be fun if aprouched (looked at) right. To do good work is to be proud of yourself.

Hi F3

I like what you said in another post
my grandpa told me something that stuck in my mind years ago. he was 95 at the time. he said "the only time a man cant fix his mistakes is when he thinks hes not makeing any."

It is insterating becuse I read one almost like a little later. And it kinda goes with what Ron said.

"A man cannot begin to learn that which he thinks he already knows"

One my Grandpa always used was
"Common sense isn't so common"
I am not very smart but I can usually think my way through a problem my own way.

I do not physically have any kids. But any that are want to learn what I have to teach are "my kids"

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:41 pm

GOD, COWBOY!!!!!!!!!---Am I ever prod of you!!!!!!!! Thats the thing todays young ones need!!-----Let them learn the real world now then it won't be a shock when they gtow up!!!
Too many dang kiddie laws, and the same people B***H about kids not doing anything!!
Let him help and guide him!!--A friend of mine has a soon to be 5 year old that rides, and is learning lots of interesting do-and-dont's!!!! thanks; sonny

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:59 pm

Not only is that the next generation learning but if I remember right Billy's grandfather made the splitter. Looking good.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:31 am

Thanks Sonny

Yep show them they can have fun working. Mabe they will then not get bored sitting in the on the computer. Then get into trouble trying to have what others think of as "fun."

Hey Bill you are 100% right :!: That is the third one he built the first was stolen. The second he traded for somthing else. That one Grandpa and my younger brother built.

BIlly

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:35 pm

Cowboy!!!-- your wood splittin' made me get the urge,--even though I'm not able to do it, I got the ole' splitter started after converting the ignition to battery instead of magneto ( long story)-- It been 8 years since it ran and a buddy kind of wanted some wood split, so anyway it brought back lots of memories when we cut wood for sale in the winter!----Ole' unit still ripped right through the hard stuff just lik it used to!! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”