This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fescue

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Fescue

Postby Eugene » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:37 pm

Waited until the tall fescue seed on the acreage was ready to drop. Mowed today.

Several local farmers are/were in the process of combining fescue. This is the first time in a couple of years. Either the seed price is high or the farmers are looking to add a bit more income to a dismal picture.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Mht
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27606
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub(building from parts) 1950 farmall cub
1971 David Brown 880 selectamatic
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fescue

Postby Mht » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:57 pm

I saw fescue seed at agri supply in Garner NC the other day for 155 dollars a bag. The last I bought several years ago was about 50 dollars a bag. This was 50 pound bags. It doesn’t surprise me that anyone with seed that can be harvested is doing so. If they are not selling it they are probably saving it to plant for themselves this fall

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”