This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Summer Pasture Mowing

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Summer Pasture Mowing

Postby Eugene » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:47 am

Thinking about what to do with the pasture this summer. Normally mow the acreage twice and spot spray 3 or 4 times a growing season.

To many other project in the fire and the increased expenses related to the equipment. May just spot mow and spray to keep the weeds down.

Semi-related topic. Looks like the home propane cost for winter 2022/23 will be an increase of at least $400- to $500-. Local propane companies should be advertising shortly their contract purchase prices.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Re: Summer Pasture Mowing

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:29 am

Eugene, any chance of getting someone to pasture livestock in the fields? That would take care of most of the mowing, and just need spot mowing of weeds and plants the animals don't like. Even if it was a free of charge arrangement, it would save you toime and money.

Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:12 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:Eugene, any chance of getting someone to pasture livestock in the fields?
Ed.
Neighbor pastures around 60 head of cattle on the acrage. Free, no charge. Neighbor has over 1 section to pasture including our 36 acres. Neighbor rotates cattle between pastures.

Neighbor has also baled the pasture grass, once, during a drought year.

I haven't seem the neighbor, a large family operation, employees, or the cattle in around 6 months. So. I don't know if the neighbor sold off all or some of the cattle.

Another topic. Different lady neighbor prepaid $14,500- for fertilizer last fall. As of last week the fertilizer hadn't been deliver/broadcast and she wasn't getting an answer from the retailer.
I have an excuse. CRS.

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:14 pm

I was told by a dairy farmer yesterday, his corn fertilizer costs $1500 per tone.
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”