This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

laying drip tape

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Mht
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27606
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub(building from parts) 1950 farmall cub
1971 David Brown 880 selectamatic
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: laying drip tape

Postby Mht » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:03 pm

If you are diligent about taking it up and winding it back on a spool you can easily get two years use out of it. At least that’s the case with the tape I use. I will admit though that I don’t always get mine out of the garden in a timely fashion and a lot of times mine is so overgrown with weeds that I break it taking it up. It only costs about 3 cents per ft so I really don’t get two concerned about reusing it. I do always save and reuse my main line that the tape tees off of and all my fittings. My garden typically has 20 rows 100 ft long so I use about 60 dollars worth of drip tape per year. The 2-3 hours of my time taking it up and rolling it back on a spool aren’t worth it to me

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”