This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dead Mule

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Dead Mule

Postby radioguy41 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:34 am

Way back in the 1960s when I worked at a Chevy dealership we got a wrecker call to tow in a recently purchased Chevy that had hit a horse. What they neglected to mention was something we didn't find out until we got there, the car was still sitting on top of the horse. Took a while to get that car off that horse. Getting the horse off the road was somebody else's responsibility (thank God).
Those are the kinds of things that make you think about another line of work, which I did. :surrender:
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue May 19, 2020 8:43 am

Turns out that the mule owner's wife's grandmother said no to burying the mule on her property as well as the wife's uncle. The wife's parents, grandmother, and uncle own property contiguous to the mule owner, around 1200 acres of pasture and timber.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue May 19, 2020 11:13 am

I hope they did something with it by now.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 pm

Don't they have dead animal services over there?---used to be trucks here that would go around picking up dead cows/pigs/horses/etc all the time. ---Their fee was reasonable at the time. --- A neighbor used them all the time and it saved him the trouble of hiring a backhoe and finding a place to dig.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”