This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

French Apple Pie

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
littleflower
10+ Years
10+ Years

French Apple Pie

Postby littleflower » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:44 pm

This is the pie that I made to take to Cecil and Priscilla's Mini Cub Fest. It's from my great grandmother's 1956 edition Betty Crocker cookbook. It's a bit easier than a two crust pie. Try it for the holidays!!

[u]French Apple Pie[/u]

Single pie crust pastry

6 cups apple slices
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg (or combination)
1 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour

Line pie pan with pastry and flute edge. Mix apples, sugar,and spices. Spoon mixture into pie crust. Cut 1 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine over apples. Mix butter, brown sugar and flour until crumbly (pastry blender works great). Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Then bake at 375 degrees about 55 minutes or until apples are fork tender. Enjoy warm or cold. :)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wise Owl » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:50 pm

That certainly sounds like a great Apple Pie. I suppose if anyone was diabetic, they could replace 3/4 of that sugar with Splenda. I think I might try that. :D Thanks for the recipe.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”