This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Nico In My Pocket

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Nico In My Pocket

Postby Wise Owl » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:00 pm

I have recently started hand-taming a baby lovebird. I started hand feeding him at 3 weeks old and he has adopted me as his flock. because he was so small and the only chick to hatch, I could not leave him in the brooder by hiimself because he did not have sufficient feathers to keep himself warm. To protect my clothes, I wore one of Rudi's old workshirt when I handled him which was most of the day because he was alone and cold. He soon discovered that my shirt pocket was warm and has made it somewhat of a home away from his brooder.

I thought some of you would enjoy seeing some of the pics we took of him. He is so cute.

For more pictures see Nico (Lovebird).

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:44 pm

Those were great Pics of the little Lovebird.

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”