This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

EJP. Weaher station?

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

EJP. Weaher station?

Postby Eugene » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:49 pm

John:

Are you the official NWS weather station, outside of Potosi? I recall reading one of your posts in which you were reporting local weather.

If so, how short of moisture are you?

I'm currently in the moderate drought area. Have been watching the Missouri drought maps and the sever drought area keeps creeping closer.

1/10" of rain Saturday along with 1" of snow. Think most of it evaporated.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: EJP. Weaher station?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:09 pm

I have a weather station, and report rain fall to the USDA for Washington County, but mine is not associated with the NWS. It is tied in with Weather Underground though and can be seen at
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/mo/potosi/63664

I do not know how far behind we are, because I do not know the average for the area, but we are in the severe drought area of the maps.
Last year 1st of Sep. through end of Dec. we got 5 inch of rain, and so far for this year we have gotten 3 1/2 inch, but 1 3/4 of that fell on Jan 22 in less than an hour, so a lot of it went down the creeks rather than soaking in.

I am worried that a lot of local pasture may not green up in the spring.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:32 am

Added the Jefferson City, Mo. Wunderground to my favorites list. Interesting site since it has heating and cooling degree days.

As I'm typing this note, getting some rain. Look at the 10 day weather forecast, appears we are in for perhaps a 7 day rainy period. Hoping for slow, gentle, soaking in rains.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Bit of research on the Weather Underground site and there is a weather station just over a mile from the house. There are several other of their weather stations in the area.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:57 pm

All the members of Weather Underground are people that have bought their own stations, and the stations have the ability to transmit the data back over the internet.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”