This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

If you come home with that, I'm leaving!

Stories by Members of FarmallCub.Com. Have a story you want to tell, post it here!
Comments and discussions are welcome.
Inspectorjoe
Zip Code: 18064
Circle of Safety: Y

If you come home with that, I'm leaving!

Postby Inspectorjoe » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:58 am

It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times. It was the best of times, because today I passed a nicely repainted Cub sitting out for sale, three miles from my house. It was the worst of times because my wife was with me, and when she saw my head swivel toward it as I drove by, said "If you come home with that, I'm leaving!" I told her I was going to stop to see it on the way back (I was taking her to pick up her car at the repair shop, so I'd be solo). I was planning on taking a few pictures of it, but then I remembered that I didn't bring my phone. Dang! She offered to give me hers, but I thanked her and declined. Well, that sweet woman stopped on her way back and handed me her phone through her car window.

I'm prone to making impulse buys, and it sure kicked in with this Cub. My current Cub was an impulse buy (found the same way, by driving past it). I bought it because it was a very, early Cub (serial #808)and still in its original paint and decals. I hadn't planned on doing any work with it, but I've been using it more and more. As much as I like my manual lift circle Cub, this one would be more practical, and I'd be able to plow snow in bad weather (I don't let the circle Cub get wet).

The data plate is missing. I took pictures of two casting dates, and they were 10/29/48 and 11/4/49, which is kind of strange. It's been converted to 12 volt. The blade has a wing welded to the left side , which will prevent dumping snow off that side. There's a step welded to the top for when it's used as a grader blade.

Man, I'd love to have that thing, but I love having a happy home even more.
Attachments
IMG_1977.jpg

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: If you come home with that, I'm leaving!

Postby ricky racer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:38 am

That is a really nice looking Cub!! :tractor:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Return to “Cub Stories”