This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My Cub Story

Stories by Members of FarmallCub.Com. Have a story you want to tell, post it here!
Comments and discussions are welcome.
DrCJV
10+ Years
10+ Years

My Cub Story

Postby DrCJV » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am

My father had a 1953 Cub when I was a kid. It was used mostly used to plant and cultivate 90,000 tomato plants that he raised. I was about 6 when I was task to drive while he sat on a tobacco planter and planted the tomatoes. We were never allowed to ride the tractor when he was not home. One day when I was 8 my brother who was 8 years my senior got the bright idea to run around on the tractor. So he and the two neighbor kids got on him and one neighbor on the seat the other neighbor on the back standing on the draw bar and me standing on the right side on the woods mower deck holding on to the hood. My brother popped the clutch jerking the tractor causing me to fall off and go under the rear wheel. There was a set of weights on the wheels at the time. The wheel went across my chest breaking my collar bone and collapsing a lung. I was taken to the hospital and treated to about a weeks stay. I even had tread marks on my chest for years after. About 25 years later I restored the tractor for my father and gave it to him for fathers day. Since his passing I have added a lot of accessories to the tractor and take it to an occasional show.
Attachments
20150523_124202.jpg

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: My Cub Story

Postby T-Mo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Wow, that would have been scary, and could have been a lot more tragic. I'm glad you're okay, and I guess it's a life lesson that was painful to learn. It was great of you to restore if for your father.

And btw, nice looking tractor.

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: My Cub Story

Postby ricky racer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Wow!! Great story. It sounds like something I would have done back in the day. I'm glad you survived to share your story. It's a good story for youngsters to read. Hopefully they will learn from your experience.
The tractor looks great!! I'm no fan of tattoos but having real tractor treads across your chest would be a real conversation starter.... :worthy:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Return to “Cub Stories”