This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Good Internet Sites for Those doing R&R

FarmallCub.Com forum rules, suggestions, feedback & information.
Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Good Internet Sites for Those doing R&R

Postby Little Indy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:35 am

I think we could consider adding a forum where members could do reviews of businesses connected to tractor R&R (repair and/or restoration for the tractor; rest and relaxation for the member) on the internet or takes orders over the phone.

E.G. flailmaster.com for flail mower parts. Really needed that one as none of the tractor stores around here carry those blade. and bestroq.com for V belts. Good belts for a third of the price at the local NAPA store. Hugh inventory.
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Good Internet Sites for Those doing R&R

Postby Barnyard » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:08 pm

This section is not a forum but it is a good place to find info. http://www.farmallcub.com/mythreads-links/index.php3
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Indy,

I waited a bit before responding to see how other members reacted to your suggestion. When I setup the review forum, I debated adding tractor vendors to the list, but decided it might not be fair to the advertising supporters of the site, since it could potentially give free advertising to non-supporting vendors. If others think differently, I'd like to know your thoughts.

Dennis

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:20 pm

I feel the same way about the supporters of this site. While it would be beneficial to the members to have as much info as possible for their tractor needs, it is also important to remember that this forum is also made possible by the support of the sponsors. If free advertising is given to some vendors why would the sponsors feel obligated to contribute. It is somewhat of a catch-22 but I think the sponsors should be given first priority.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:48 pm

I guess I made my opinion known on the thread I posted before. I have appreciated the advertisers on this forum as much as anyone here. They are completely helpful and are an asset to the forum. However, as a "novice" restorer, it would be nice to have ideas as to who I should send my engine to for machining or who forum members have had luck with generator or distributor repair. I know that MagMan is not a sponsor, but he gets referrals all the time.

I think it goes deeper than other sites selling parts...

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:10 pm

There is already a "links" page off the site's front page which includes some other vendors. I don't see anything wrong with adding more "Cub related" vendors to that page. The site sponsors get the benefit of links on the main page and on the bottom of the forum pages.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Referrals to other companies and entities that provide specific services aside from parts.... hmmmmmmmmm that is suspiciously familiar refrain. Could it be that it is already covered in the Welcome Wagon ??? That is what the Specialty Service Page on the Cub Manual Server is for. A lot of time went into creating that, many have contributed names etc., as referrals, and I will continually update it as information comes in. Although I agree with the concept as there is never enough information especially for the new to the topic people.. One must remember that not everything can be handled on one site or handed out on a specific plate.

Cub Manual Server wrote:Forum Resources:

We would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ Prior to Posting. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's 1 and ATIS FAQ's 2, The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub. One of the other projects we have been working on and it will be a continuing community effort is the The Cub Book of Knowledge. This the the place to go to get all the quick links to some very good articles written by many members of the forum on solving some of the problems we encounter as we repair, maintain and up-grade our Cubs. Keep looking for this to grow.

The sponsors here do support the forum and there is substantial choice. Also, there are many members who also provide services.. (many are reflected in the Specialty Services Page). They all provide the kind of services that are needed. I don't know how many times I have asked for referrals to people our members trust and would recommend to other members for businesses that do great work, provide outstanding service or provide a unique service.

I just do not understand why more resources are needed or desired, when the ones that are already here and have been for a long time, do not get used. :big give up: The problem is not that the information is not available, the problem is that those seeking it do not seem to know where to go to get it. I just do not understand why people do not read the information that is already there.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:10 pm

Just some comments and thoughts.

I do business with advertisers on this board, but most of my purchases for my tractors are conducted locally. A listing of someone doing machine work, repairing or restoring tractors in Maine is of no use to me.

A search of this site will provide the names of Flailmaster, Miller tires, Carter/Gruenwald, and a number of other companies listed as a source for parts. If individuals are listing these companies as a source for parts - that's a recommendation/reference.

NAPA prices. It pays to shop around.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:24 am

Personally I have used TM and Ralph they are fantastic and I am sure the rest of our sponsers are just as good, just haven't had the chance to use them. :) :)
Really no reason to look elsewhere unless I need something fast maybe from Napa or Autozone like fluids and filters..
Just my openion.

Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:33 am

For those sites such as Flail-Master.com... I will update as I get input from you the Cubbers who actually buy there. Being so far away, I do not have access to many of them on a personal basis, and since there are a lot of implements that I do not have, I would have no reason to even try.

However, with the input from Richard, I have updated the Specialty Services Page again. If you provide me with the information, I will update the page regularly. I just need the information.

Cub Manual Server, Specialty Services Page wrote:
Mower Parts - Flail, Rotary and Reel Mower Parts

Flail-Master
P.O. Box 40984
Nashville
Tennesee
62644-1727
Telephone: 1-800-251-4020
Fax: (615) 896-5652
Email: info

Email Form Page: contact Us Email Form

Links are active on the page.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Ronny Bailey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
eBay ID: ronnyb.east.texas
Tractors Owned: 1938 Farmall F-20
Grandpa's '49 Cub #82289
194x Gibson Model D
1953 Allis Chalmers CA

Postby Ronny Bailey » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Jim Becker wrote:There is already a "links" page off the site's front page which includes some other vendors. I don't see anything wrong with adding more "Cub related" vendors to that page. The site sponsors get the benefit of links on the main page and on the bottom of the forum pages.

I agree. If I'm looking for a part, the sponsors are the first place I go.
I like having the links page for comparison. Also, there are some parts/services listed that the sponsors don't provide.
Any time I need something and the cost is comparable, I go with the sponsors to show my appreciation.
In fact, when they have what I need, I usually don't even bother looking anywhere else unless it's a big-ticket item.
Ronny
“If it ain’t broke, I haven’t 'fixed' it yet”

thomas B Peterson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46550
Skype Name: fantasy farmer
Tractors Owned: 49 cub, 100mccormick spreader, simplicity soverign, simplicity regent, 2 simplicity snowblowers, antique montgomery ward rototiller.

Postby thomas B Peterson » Sun May 16, 2010 8:01 pm

HI CUBBERS; IVE PURCHASED EVERYTHING I COULD FROM TM. THEY ARE HONEST, QUICK, KNOWLEDGEABLE, FRIENDLY AND COMPAREABLE PRICES. IAM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THEM IN ANY WAY, JUST A VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER. THOMAS PETERSON

Return to “Forum Rules, Suggestions, Feedback & Information”