This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Express

FarmallCub.Com forum rules, suggestions, feedback & information.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Express

Postby Barnyard » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:39 pm

Would it be possible to add a new category called "Cub Express" just like the "Vine" was recently added.

The reason being is that there can be a lot of requests for transport but those requests can be under the general forum or the wanted forum or the cadet forum and so on. Sometimes it gets confusing if you want to go back and check on one of the posts and you don't remember what category it was in so you have to search for it. Or some people don't read all the catagories all the time.

If all express requests had their own catagory it would be easier for someone who is going to be traveling on the spur of the moment to check the posts quickly to see if there is anything that needs moved in the direction they are going. Or they can see if someone is headed to where they need something.

Just an idea I had.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: J7Z1B7

Postby trac48 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:51 pm

Very good idea!

I second the motionImage

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:54 pm

GILLES wrote:Very good idea!

Actually your last couple of posts inspired this idea. I had gone back to check your one recent request and couldn't remember where I saw it.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby trac48 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:59 pm

You saw the post in the Cub Cadet Forum :wink:

It is nice to see that every little bit helps
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:59 pm

It was decided some time back that all Cub Express requests belong in the For Sale / Wanted Forum since they deal with items changing hands. We must remember that Cub Express requests are independent agreements between members and are not sanctioned by Farmallcub.com, it's administrator or moderators.
To provide a specific forum for them would imply support or sanction of the board administrator or his representatives.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Bigdog, that sounds fair enough to me. Thanks for the clarification.

Circle of Safety

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby trac48 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:07 pm

BD

I can understand your point of view, and i respect it, but according to my law studies, it would not change a thing as long as we so state, that the
Farmall Cub Club has no responsability in it.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:10 am

I agree with Bill and Gilles. I think the "Cub Express" should be listed in the Index, highlighted with the disclosure stated right underneath it, before anyone even opens the Express page.

Right now most don't have a clue that this was even discussed
It was decided some time back that all Cub Express requests belong in the For Sale / Wanted Forum since they deal with items changing hands. We must remember that Cub Express requests are independent agreements between members and are not sanctioned by Farmallcub.com, it's administrator or moderators.
To provide a specific forum for them would imply support or sanction of the board administrator or his representatives.
or how to find it using the search. It needs to be in plain site, even then most will overlook it. We're human I guess :D

My .02, Anything that can make this Great site run SMOOTHER should be considered. It keeps getting better and better as time flies.
Rick

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Guys:

Dennis decided that the For Sale/Wanted Forum would be the temporary home for Cub Express requests until at the very minimum, it could be determined that FarmallCub.com is not in any way going to be held liable for a possible messed up shipment. The discussion was an Admin-Mod function.. not an open discussion.

As Rick pointed out, the proper legal disclaimers would have to be written and vetted before a new forum would be created. The Cub Vine was created to specifically try to indemnify FarmallCub.com from any ill effects from 3rd Party ads and such. The Cub Express would have to be onside with that as well.

Now, with that being said, and the Cub Express as we know it resulting from good friends trying to get a mower to me.. I personally have a real close link to this particular activity, and will do anything I can to ensure that it not only survives, but continues as an integral part of our Community.

All I know for sure is that without John Niekamp, EJ Puckett, Big Dog, Art Chester and Larry (Buzzardwing) Davis, (I may have forgotten one or two at the moment, but that is because of a bad case of CRS), the Cub Express would not have existed. They will always have my most heartfelt thanks and appreciation.. and I hope they know that.

So, yeah, I think if we can ensure that FarmallCub.com (meaning Dennis) will never in any way shape or form ever be held liable in some bizarre fashion , then I think the Cub Express Forum is a VERY good idea :!: :idea: :!: :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:25 pm

Any updates? I agree it looks to me like the site really needs a dedicated Cub Express forum.....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Gil
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gil » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:29 pm

In this law suit happy world I can certainly understand the adminstrators position. Better safe than sorry. I was talking with the local Penske folks when I picked up a truck the other day and decide to switch from personal to comercial rentals for insurance reasons. Since I've got a couple guys working for me on my barn projects and I'm selling some of the materials, it could be tough to convince the insurers it's just personal if something unfortunate did happen. Apparently Penske, and I imagine any other company, can walk away from a claim if they determine there is any hint of business involved and the rental was at the household rate. I suspect the same could hold true when moving Cub stuff around and cash is changing hands.
But, for my own selfish CRS reasons I would love to see a dedicated Cub Express forum. Then I'd have just one place to look to be sure I don't forget where I'm going and what I'm picking up and dropping off on a trip. :oops: :roll: :wink:
And, since this thread is named perfectly I'll borrow it to remind everyone to remind me if I'm making a stop for them next week :wink:
Gil....

klejeune
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65802
Tractors Owned: IH Cub Cadets:
1961 - Original w/RD300 Danco loader
1961 - Original
1962 - Original
1965 - 100
1969 - 127
1979 - 1450

Postby klejeune » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:30 pm

The standard Agreement users agree to when they register I would think would release the forum owners and administrators of liability. Otherwise the forum owners could be held liable for a bad sale going through and could be sued for letting a bad seller list their items for sale.

I see no issues with hosting a forum for Cub Express discussions.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, just adding to the discussion.

Keith

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby trac48 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Hello Gil,
Hope you dont forget my 124 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gil
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gil » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi Gilles,
I could never forget you could I. :wink: I finally heard from the guy who was going to try and open up my road. I couldn't reach him because he was snowmobiling in Canada for a week or two. I could have had him bring the Cadet too if I'd known.
He has several trucks and even plows roads for the town at times with a dump truck. He said that even it was not able to handle all the snow since Thanksgiving so he brought in his loader and did clear the road!!! I can't wait to see the bill :shock:
On the bright side - at least he didn't need to use his excavator, I think he gets $100 per hour for it!!
I might still have a slight problem. I asked him if he liked my Cub that is parked in front of the shed where your Cadet is. He said there was so much snow that he didn't notice the Cub. :shock: :shock:
I'm shooting for Tuesday to run up your way if I can dig out a path to the Cadet. Will that work for you?
Gil....

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby trac48 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:06 pm

I'd loved to. But my wife will have surgery and we're waiting for a date and we don't know when . It could be any day.
This month is out of the question. Just keep me in mind, and I'll keep you posted.Image

Return to “Forum Rules, Suggestions, Feedback & Information”