This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How To Post Photos in The Forum

FarmallCub.Com forum rules, suggestions, feedback & information.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: How To Post Photos in The Forum

Postby Rudi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Bill:

Most camera's now use card media to actually store the data on. Most newer computers come equipped with card readers and of course an external card reader is about $19.00 now or less so I would think that actually moving pics from the camera to the computer should be relatively easy and quite adaptable to a Video How To :idea: (hint, hint). :D

I use both Irfanview and MS Picture Re-sizer which is down-loadable from the Microsoft servers along with . It is really easy -- simply highlight/right click on the file you want to resize and then left click on the resize button. It then gives you the choice to decide what size you want and saves it with the original file name and an addition such as (small) or (ce) etc.. I then simply rename the pic to say pic01.jpg and up consecutively from there. This particular utility works well in Vista - download the XP version and install. For those using Windows 7 Microsoft has again made it more difficult while claiming to make it simpler. Here is a utility that does the same as Picture Resizer (a clone) - Image Resizer Powertoy Clone For Windows 7/Vista and seems to be easier than trying to find the plugins at Microsoft. Everything I have found so far is a link to an aftermarket software product that requires a purchase.

I find that the biggest challenge in storage is actually being able to teach others to catalog their data properly instead of leaving it in whatever folder their software uses as a default. Makes if very difficult to do much when the data is hidden. That is why I refuse to use Camedia (came with Em's Olympus digital software package) and use only Windows Explorer to manage my pics. To upload to my server I use WinSCP2 and to upload to the photohost - use the embedded upload dialog boxes in the coppermine software. After spending some much time over the last 15 years recovering data from trashed drives for those I maintain puters for - I keep encouraging them to create a Data directory on their C drive or if they have an external drive to store their data there. Sort of like C:/Data/Cub Stuff/Pictures/My Blade etc....

The biggest impediment to those having difficulty with the photohost is to actually publish the uploads to their folders. That is the one step I have found that was missed by many who were having difficulty. The PhotoHost How To Gallery - has helpful guides to getting pics from your computer to the photo host - this one is that is really helpful - How to upload files from your computer. The How to post photo links in FarmallCub.com Forum has been there for a while and is useful but your video How To is probably the best tool that we have available to help others. A video on How To Upload to the Photo Host will be a great compliment to your existing How To. :idea: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Since I don't use any of the software Rudi mentions, any video I do will only reflect how to upload from your computer to the photohost after it has been resized. It is very simple really.

However, I learned how to do this by following the steps Rudi posted, so if you read that, you will be ahead of the game.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

papermaker
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04416
Tractors Owned: 1940 Farmall A, 1946 David Bradley,1948 F-Cub,Cub 22 Mower,194 Plow,Cub 3 Cultivator,54A Grader/Snow Blade, A-Cub 33 Bean Harvester

Postby papermaker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:40 am

Bill, That was just what I needed. I do better with picture than with text. Tried posting a picture in the sandbox. Worked great! Thanks for the video!
Jerry

k9sicem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52002
Tractors Owned: 1960 LoBoy named "Verona"
1930 Ford Model A street rod named "Half Fast"
1939 Chevy 1/2 ton truck named "Stella"
1954 Chevy 1/2 ton truck named "Ester"

Postby k9sicem » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:18 am

Can you post a "How To" for us Apple users ?
"Always start out the way you want to end up"
Grandpa Franke

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 am

Sorry, I don't use Apple, but maybe some one who does will make a video.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:41 am

Barnyard wrote:Sorry, I don't use Apple, but maybe some one who does will make a video.

Shoot, I figured you'd jump all over that request. :lol: :lol:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

papermaker
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04416
Tractors Owned: 1940 Farmall A, 1946 David Bradley,1948 F-Cub,Cub 22 Mower,194 Plow,Cub 3 Cultivator,54A Grader/Snow Blade, A-Cub 33 Bean Harvester

Postby papermaker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:37 pm

I have a Mac notebook that I use and posting a picture isn't that different. The thing I have trouble with is getting pictures to photohost using a Mac.The why I get around that is use my wife's PC to resize and load pictures.

Return to “Forum Rules, Suggestions, Feedback & Information”