This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Forum Link at top of page

FarmallCub.Com forum rules, suggestions, feedback & information.
Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Forum Link at top of page

Postby Former Member » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:19 am

It would be verry helpfull to me, if it were possible to place a link to the forum page (where I go most often) up on the line with the USER CONTROL PANEL - LOGOUT

When I get a message, it takes 2 steps to get back to the forum page.
1) click-board index
2) click-forum

I know it is a little thing, but with dial up, each click is time wasted waiting.

The same applies to other places.
If you are on, say the "off topic" page. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom, click the little arrow, scroll up to the forum icon, click it.
Or, after looking at the first 4-5 items, I could just click "forum" at the top of the page and be there.

Again, these are picky little things, but it would save me, and a lot of others a lot of time-over time.

Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Forum Link at top of page

Postby Dennis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:43 am

dshawz wrote:It would be verry helpfull to me, if it were possible to place a link to the forum page (where I go most often) up on the line with the USER CONTROL PANEL - LOGOUT

When I get a message, it takes 2 steps to get back to the forum page.
1) click-board index
2) click-forum

I know it is a little thing, but with dial up, each click is time wasted waiting.

The same applies to other places.
If you are on, say the "off topic" page. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom, click the little arrow, scroll up to the forum icon, click it.
Or, after looking at the first 4-5 items, I could just click "forum" at the top of the page and be there.

Again, these are picky little things, but it would save me, and a lot of others a lot of time-over time.

Thanks

If you click on the "Board Index" link (upper left corner, above the UCP link), does that do what your wanting? Or am I missing something?

Dennis

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks for the reply Dennis.

But yup, you are missing something. when you click on the (board Index) it takes sometime 5-10 seconds or more for the "net" to cycle. You then pick the area you want to go to. Click say, the forum page(Another cycle). For those with bad, or slow dial up, the wait can be much longer. I have DSL, which has been running slow for a couple days. It is driving me nuts having to wait(for anything) longer than needed.

The forum is the most popular part of the site for me, and I imagine everyone else. It would just be quicker and easier to have a direct link at the top of each page to get there.

Hope this cleared up my thoughts.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Dennis » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Dale, does the "View New Messages" link not work for you? Are you one of the ones that gets the browser refresh error when you click the "back" button after viewing a post?

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Dennis.
I changed browsers to Mozilla Firefox and that solved my issues. If I want to go straight to the forum page now, I click on it in my bookmarks toolbar.

Thanks
Dale

Return to “Forum Rules, Suggestions, Feedback & Information”