This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub cadet 102

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
a model
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 70560

cub cadet 102

Postby a model » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 pm

hello guys I am new to the cub cadet world my son in law just picked up a nice 1963 original cadet completely restored with 38 inch deck. we are trying to replace the blade timming belt but are having trouble getting it on it seems to be too short. the new belt is not a factory belt but looks to be the same length and same number of cogs. is there anything we can do are is it just the belt? should he get a factory belt? I have been on the cub forum for a wile and have a 1948 cub with belly mower but I just picked up a 1967 cub cadet 102 it needs a good bit of work but mostly straight sheet metal and hardly no rust. the only thing is it has no cutting deck do you know if it was a 38 or 42 inch deck? does anyone have a good used deck to fit my 102 possibly close to south Louisiana? for a reasonable price please let me know.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub cadet 102

Postby Eugene » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 pm

http://graywarrant.us/manuals/CubCadet/ ... tChart.pdf

Above link is a Cub Cadet blade and belt chart. Should answer most of your questions.

Don't know how to install the timed mower deck belt. All my other Cub Cadet mower decks have an idler pulley to tension the belt. I place the new belt over the pulleys then using an adjustable wrench move the idler pulley bracket slipping the belt in place.
I have an excuse. CRS.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub cadet 102

Postby indy61 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:46 pm