This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cadet 71 parts source?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Cadet 71 parts source?

Postby tmays » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:10 am

Where do y'all get parts? I went to cubcadet.com and used the 'find genuine parts' link. Called the number and got ad after ad after ad. Ticked me off, to say the least
Thomas

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cadet 71 parts source?

Postby Stanton » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:14 am

There are a few sponsor links (top of page) at this site: http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php and at this site: http://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.pl

Might give some of them a try. :coffee:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:28 am

Case/IH or Cub Cadet dealers carry the needed parts or will obtain them. New Holland dealers carry IH parts.

Many parts are available at your local auto parts store. cubcadet-parts-direct.com and several other web sites have exploded view of sections of the tractor as well as the IH part numbers. Very helpful when working on the tractor.

Narrow framed Cub Cadets come up at auction and are usually inexpensive. One or two parts will frequently recoup the purchase price.

Currently rebuilding a 122 Cub Cadet for my daughter. A new drive shaft is right at $100- plus sales tax. Last time I checked a new voltage regulator was $75-.

Edit: Place an ad in "The Vine".
I have an excuse. CRS.

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:50 am

Thanks, fellers. Eugene, we can't all live where everything is as cheap as where you are if it's even available. :-) Trust me, we don't have the good auctions y'all apparently have up there. I've never, not once, seen one of theses older cadets at an auction(local). I've been trying to find parts manual in Bob's stuff here. My problem is service is so slow. I'll check link you gave for parts breakdown. Just about every time I call the closest IH dealer without a part number, I get nowhere. And usually get nowhere even with a part number. That's why I ask here, because no need to go through all the searching if someone here has already done so. And local parts houses? Impossible without a part number.
But I do thank yall(Stanton and Eugene) for the links. I'll give it a shot when I get a minute :-)
Thomas

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:28 am

You probably need your own hard copy of the parts catalog. If you go back to cubcadet.com and click on "service and parts" you can then enter your model number to reach an online parts catalog. Unfortunately "71" returns a really long list. You may be able to find it more easily by searching for the first 8 digits of your serial number.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:14 am

The Cub Cadet parts direct has the parts broken down by tractor model number and then the parts section, eg. steering, clutch, etc.. I have book marked the site. I call up the section I'm working on, then print it out. I check mark the print out for needed parts. Then take the print outs to the IH/Cub Cadet dealer.

http://gardentractortalk.com/ Is another good reference on Cub Cadets.

The local IH dealer has parts catalog in their computer. If you walk in and tell the clerk your model number, major section of the tractor, he will bring up the parts catalog. You can then point out the needed part(s).

Edit: There are several small engine shops in the area. One has a large garden tractor salvage yard. But no Cub Cadets. Guessing that's because guys like me buy Cadets for their parts. I have 4 narrow framed Cadet on wheels, one of which I'm parting out and the major parts for another one on the shelf.

I'm currently going completely through a 122 Cadet for my daughter. Guessing I will have around $500- in the tractor and mower deck when finished. Sounds like a lot of money for a 50 plus year old tractor. But it should last another 50 years and is much cheaper than a new lawn mower that may last 4 or 5 years.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:13 pm

This one works well for me. Parts look-up is nice, too :!: :{_}:

http://www.cubclassics.com/
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

eleedom
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 60062

Postby eleedom » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Tmays, I know your post is now a couple of months old, but go to ihccw.com . The site is for Cub Cadet Warehouse. I have a Model 71 as well and did a complete mower rebuild a few years ago and got a lot of parts from them. Prices are a little high compared to Ebay or some online sites, but some of the parts are NOS and good quality, so you know what you're getting.

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Thanks, eleedom. I'll keep that in mind. I just ordered some stuff from the site cub-bud reccomended. Waiting for them to come in, then see where I stand
Thomas

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:02 am

Cub-Bud wrote:This one works well for me. Parts look-up is nice, too :!: :{_}:

http://www.cubclassics.com/

Not having a good experience with this guy. Ordered two weeks ago. Did not expect a really quick turnaround, since that was day after Thanksgiving. But I expected business as usual the next week. Week goes by and nothing. Sent email inquiry and got no response. I called. He was having a problem. That's fine. Assured me I would have it by Tues or Wed. Nope. Will call again today
Thomas

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Cub Cadet/IH dealership this afternoon and purchased parts for a 105 Cub Cadet. Compared the CC/IH dealerships prices to the internet prices. Some items were 2 or 3 cents higher at the dealership, the 4 each tire rod ends were each 90 cents cheaper at the dealership. Overall there was a $7- or $8- savings at the dealership when the shipping and handling charges for internet purchases were figured in.

Most of parts I wanted were on hand, 30 minute service. The balance of the parts will be delivered to a location about 2 miles from the house next Wednesday.
I have an excuse. CRS.

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:51 pm

I have found his site a little hard to shop, listings are not really in any particular order and pricing is similar to a couple others I have found, so I just use them. It is a little tough to compare shopping experiences for Cub Cadet parts when we are spoiled by our sponsors and great members who provide used parts and services. There are some on the links to CC sites that Stanton supplied I have used. (Patton Acres,

Hamilton Bob supplies some CC parts (steering wheels, wiring harnesses, tires, etc.) and they are close enough to me to just drop in and get. Check his new parts, use your model in the drop down to see what he has. (support our sponsors :wink: )

If it is still available at my Cub Cadet dealer I usually get from them, sometimes takes a day or two to get in and most pricing is comparable when factoring all expenses. I stop in and usually help them navigate through their parts look-up to make sure I get what I want. I used to call Bermuda Ken when he worked at C&G, but with his job change ended that. :( The NAPA near me is a bit pricey on some things, not the most helpful, but quality is good. Ebay on some commonly used parts like Carb kits, I order several to combine shipping. It kind of depends on the parts, there are a few people who make specialty parts (drive shafts, PTO buttons, custom hitch parts, etc.) that I have had good luck with, Parts by Jeff is one I highly recommend, Mark @ IH Cub Cadet parts has good quality reproduction parts, he is little grumpy to deal with and not the fastest either (Stainless Steel drive shafts $30!). :? Ray Weaver is great to deal with for used parts, reasonable prices and he had just about everything!

I would be glad to share my thoughts if you need something specific.

Hang in there,
David

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub

Postby randallc » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:34 am

Thomas, post a list of parts you need. Maybe someone has them or can get online and help you find them.
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:34 am

randallc wrote:Thomas, post a list of parts you need. Maybe someone has them or can get online and help you find them.

Finding the parts isn't so much the problem. Finding someone good to deal with and has the parts I need is the problem so far. The guys that have posted have given me several possibilities and it's appreciated. I was just reporting back on my experience with the first one I tried. Called him yesterday and he says it was shipped. Couldn't recall when, though. Feel like I'm getting the runaround. Gonna give it a few more days and go from there. Thanks, fellers!
Thomas

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub

Postby randallc » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:46 am

I have ordered parts from cubclassic without problem. Maybe all the Christmas mail. Lots of information on onlycubcadets.net.
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

Return to “Cub Cadet”