This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

2155 Cub Cadet fuel problem

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mwilke
10+ Years
10+ Years

2155 Cub Cadet fuel problem

Postby mwilke » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:19 am

My 2155 Cub Cadet will only start if I manually squirt fuel into the carb. After the engine starts it will continue to run normally until I shut it off. Does anyone have any idea what could possibly wrong with this thing? Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:23 pm

This is just a guess, but does it have a fuel pump? If so, my thoughts are that fuel is draining out of the carburetor while it sits, because of the float sticking, a leaking gasket, etc., and it will run after you squirt gas in to get it started because the fuel pump is then working. But under the same token, it should pump enough just cranking the engine to start it, if you crank long enough and if the choke is working correctly. But if the carb float bowl is empty, it will probably take a bit of cranking for it to start without you priming it.

Return to “Cub Cadet”