This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Three Point on Original and Attachments

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Soldner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Three Point on Original and Attachments

Postby Soldner » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:05 am

I'm wondering, what attachments were available for the "Original" Cub Cadet, and what color the three point should be?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:31 am

Soldner, I don't know for sure and maybe one of the cadet experts will respond but I believe the original cadet would have had a sleeve hitch rather than a 3 point. Most likely painted black or at least the ones I've seen were painted black with a few exceptions being white.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:22 pm

Three point is the correct term for what IH called the rear hitch - the upper casting with pin was 1 point and the other two were on the lower bracket, but it is not a three point as in Cat "0", Cat 1, Cat 2 etc as most bigger tractor guys think of. The sleeve hitch is actually part of the implement, and the Brinly-Hardy adaptor used to hitch the implement to the IH built three point. The 3 point was painted yellow. Brinly-Hardy, Ohio Steel, and others made garden plows, disc, cultivators, tool bars, etc., that were IH approved and used with the three point. Other companies made everything from rear blades to lawn rakes to spreaders, to you name it. In later years there was a rear tiller, a rear rake/blade combo, plus garden carts that actually had IH's name on them, but by and large all the implements were "allied equipment" and built and tagged by other companies, and sold through IH dealers as approved equipment. You can find this equipment listed in Cub Cadet Special Duty Equipment brochures. The brochures are no longer available from Cub Cadet but can be found on ebay and from people that sell brochures, and there are a number of different brochures that cover from the Originals through the red 82 series tractors, and some of the equipment listed in them changed over the years to keep in line with the newer tractors.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:29 pm

Paul explained very nicely about implements for the Original. When I got my first Original refurbished I thought I would collect all the implements that were available for an Original. I soon gave that up as I would need a 20' trailer just to carry what I collected in a couple of years if I took everything I now have to a show. I have a Mott front mounted mower and the 38" timed mower, bottom plow(the correct plow and Brinly adapter for the Original, snow plow, snow blower, cultivator and disk(actually Simplicity which work with the Brinly hitch and made by Brinly and a screw type log splitter, #3 trailer and wheel PTO. I have a #1 tiller with both extensions which I can use with my Original because I added the optional front PTO which was available as a kit offered around 1963 as they added the cast iron 38" decks(I have one of those) as available for the Original. If you can find a CPE-2 Equipment for Cub Cadets it's the parts manual for some of the available implements(10 sections about 200 pages) in section B page 17 is the items needed to put a front PTO and clutch on an Original. I think all the parts are available through a cub Cadet dealer except #22(angle bracket) and #4 leaver both which are easily fabricated. If you would like a copy of page 17 send me an E-mail.Some other implements for the Original is a Danco loader bucket, a golf ball retriever & a front mounted sickle bar mower. I have never seen an Original wit a side mounted sickle bar but with the front PTO I am sure you can mount a Hyban sickle bar to an Original.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Soldner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Soldner » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:27 pm

Thanks for all the information... I'm actually acting as the middle man for my Grandpa... He's the Cub Cadet owner, and a avid collector.. He doesn't own a computer, so he just calls me with questions, and i ask you guys.. So thanks.. Well it sounds like we have some of the implements. Between him and my dad.. we have 5 or 6 cub cadets ranging from a original to i think a 149., two or three snow blowers, a snow blade, two or three tillers, a cultivator, and i believe one or two misc. implements. I restored our 129 last year, and probably will restore the Original next year once we finish building our garage..

Brandon Soldner

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:52 pm

Don't forget the No. 1 trailer. I think they were available for the original. I was fortunate enought to get a No. 2 trailer. It will be restored this winter, but it is in pretty decent shape right now. It even still has the tailgate and side pockets which I think I might build some sides for. Hope it looks good on the back end of my 127.

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:41 am

The #1 Trailer was built beteen 1960 to 1967. I got curious about the 1960 and started to check dates on other implements for the Original and the 42" non trip blade was 1960 & 1961 so only the early Originals used that 42" blade. The spring trip blade was built 1961 to 1974. The square end timed deck blade were built 1960 and 1963 and also list the 70 as using this deck. Found an other interesting entry on the 42" backfill blade. "Tractors W/O transmission driven PTO(rear PTO) & equipped with/three point hitch. Built 1963 to 1975". The frame assy must hit on it?
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:47 am

Hey Brandon...Some "accessories" your Grand Dad may want to add to his "Original" Cub Cadet (*that don't take up any extra room) are the headlights and Grote tail light. You always see a lot of "Original" without headlights, but they were available as an option (just as they were on the early John Deere 110's). :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:38 pm

Soldner,
The Originals original sleeve hitch was redesigned after a short time to a sturdier shape.

This is the original sleeve hitch for that model.

It used a stabilizer plate to prevent swing.

The spring assist was an extra option.

Soldner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Soldner » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:00 pm

Thanks Everyone..
Yeah my grandpa is pretty impressed, becuase he never knew all the implements would work with the brackets... It actually sounds like i'm going to restore it for him when we finish building our garage next year. Are the headlights available? Or is that a search and destroy mission? In the area where my grandpa lives, he has access to many cub cadets. So i think we should be able to find some.

Soldner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Soldner » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:03 pm

wdeturck,
I have actually seen, and my grandpa owned a cub cadet with the rear pto... I can't remember if we might have that somewhere or if he sold it... He has 5 in his current collection, and we have a 129 that i redid last year..

Return to “Cub Cadet”