This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sickle bar mower

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Sickle bar mower

Postby Findoggy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:34 pm

My wife tells me that I need to get (I know, can you believe it) a sickle bar mower for my Cub Cadet 73. Were these style mowers available for a 73? If so, are they readlily available and what would I expect to pay for one? Are any other options necessary to run this mower? I just have the bare bones tractor and a 38-1 belly mower. Thanks for the help

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:22 pm

Haban made them for garden tractors, and are about the only brand that you see for sale. A good, complete one will cost in the $400-500 range, and because they were built for various brands of garden tractors, you need to insure one you may find will fit your model Cub Cadet. The basic mower is the same, but mounting brackets and hardware will vary between models/makes. I am not sure which model your would need, but 402 D or E comes to mind, but don't take my word for that. They can be found on epay sometimes, and on sites that have garden tractor classified ads.

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:05 am

There are a pair up for auction on ebay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
If you want to split them up I'll go halfies with you...
Dave

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:33 pm

Findoggy...You may want to check out Wenger's in PA :wink: . He has a LOT of Cub and Cadet implements :D . I have a model 73 too, & I beleive the Haban Model 402 will fit the narrow frame cadets! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul B » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:17 pm

Be sure the model number suffix letter is correct for a narrow frame Cub Cadet.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:38 pm

Anybody know anything about that type of Chipper/Shredder that is mounted on the Cadet in the background?

Haban Sickle Mowers

Fer instance, what is the required PTO speed and direction? I really would like to find one to mount behind Ellie or Granny. Be useful around here - save me buying wood chips for mulch :!: :roll:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul B » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:02 pm

Rudi,
It is not heavy enough to do much wood grinding/chipping. It is a 59M Shredder-Grinder, has IH name on it , but was built by AMERIND-MacKISSIC INC, Parker Ford, PA. It is good for leaves, grass clippings, light brush (one ad says up to 1-1/2" but people I know that have one say no), weeds, plant stalks, table scraps, wastepaper, etc. It is driven by the front engine PTO which runs at engine speed (up to 3600 RPM) but that is changed some by the pulley sizes of the PTO and the unit. It has 24 steel knives, and is primarily for pulverizing the above into an organic mulch.

Return to “Cub Cadet”