New 1250 problem and update

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

New 1250 problem and update

Postby baldwindiesel » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Okay: I got the 1250 Hydro to crank over and started for a few seconds. If I have the choke all the way open, throttle on fast, and the carb dripping it will start and run for a few seconds and then die. If I repeat that process I get the same result, I must have a CARB problem. There is a area of discolored paint right below the carb bowl, apparently, this has been an issue for a very long time.
I took the carb bowl off, it was clean. What else should I do ?

Baldwindiesel
baldwindiesel
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 44820

Re: New 1250 problem and update

Postby dgrapes59 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:45 am

I would soak and thoroughly clean the carb and rebuild it, a cheap way to rule out the carb as the culprit. Just like the "big" Cub's you need fuel and spark, make sure you have adequate fuel flow. Looking at PartsTree.com I don't see a filter, if one has been added make sure it is clean, the right kind (gravity feed) and installed properly (right direction). If there is not a filter then likely something is in the carb causing a restricted flow, cleaning and blowing out should address that.

Good luck,
David
dgrapes59
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 45044
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub
1955 Loboy
a few plows, mowers, blades & such
Several '61 CC Originals, CC Narrow Frames- 70 & 100's, 71, Couple 102's & 122's, 72, 124, 73, various CC options & implements #2 Trailer, 1963 Springfield
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Return to Cub Cadet Forum