This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Blowing Oil Out Exhaust

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
millerwelder
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21015

Blowing Oil Out Exhaust

Postby millerwelder » Mon May 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Hey I have a newer 1000 series cub cadet with an SV590s engine and it has issues that I can't figure out. Originally it leaked oil to the outside from the headgasket, then started blowing blue smoke and progressively got worse till something happened internally and it just poured white smoke. I then took it apart, inspected everything including the piston and put it back together spec to the manual. Only thing I fixed was the headgasket and the exhaust valve, which was way out of lash, like .030". Everything else looked perfect. Started it up after replacing the POS starter and it blows blue smoke still. Didn't start till it got warmed up. Now the head is back off and I noticed oil in the intake port but none in the carburetor. Does anyone have any ideas? Also is this thread in the right forum? Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Blowing Oil Out Exhaust

Postby Smokeycub » Wed May 28, 2014 7:59 am

I'm not familiar with that engine but she seems to be worn out, oil rings probably shot. Probably time for a rebuild or a re-power.
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed May 28, 2014 9:09 am

Not faniliar with that particular engine, but on the old Kohlers. Lausons, etc. the crankcase vent was a little assembly with a flapper or reed type valve in it that allowed the breather to suck air through the crankcase and burn the fumes. If that reed valve stuck they would blow oil out the exhaust like crazy.

Another thing that comes to mind, I was making some modifications to the deck on my Simplicity, and raised the front up and left it a couple hours, causing the oil to run out the vent and soaked the air filter. Mine kept having about the same problem till I took the filter out and washed the housing, then ran it a little to clear the last of the oil, then replaced the filter. Apparently the oil had plugged the paper filter enough the engine was drawing air through the crankcase trying to run.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

millerwelder
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21015

Postby millerwelder » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:32 am

I assumed it was worn out when I first took it apart but there were no signs of blow by on the piston or cylinder wall. The crankcase vent line is clear. Surprisingly, it doesn't have a PCV valve. I think I'll put it back together and check the compression, which I haven't done.

Return to “Cub Cadet”