This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

howard speed reducer?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

howard speed reducer?

Postby BigBill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:38 am

Has anyone ever thought of putting a Howard reducer on a cub cadet?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: howard speed reducer?

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:28 am

I think most cadets are more suited toward using the same speed reducer as used with the numbered series.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: howard speed reducer?

Postby BigBill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:09 am

The numbered series uses a larger creeper tranny than the cadets do. I'm wondering if the Howard unit would be stronger?

You would have an awesome combination of different speeds using the Howard speed reducer, a set of final drives, the orginal gear reduction on the cadet tranny with the creeper on the input shaft. Then you need some tires that bite to have traction.
Then you can remove the orginal gear reduction and creeper on the input shaft and try the 154 creeper.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”