This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fun blowing snow - almost

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Fun blowing snow - almost

Postby v w » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:34 pm

We had waited until the cold weather was over before clearing the drive yesterday. One neighbor even called to make sure we were ok but since we are retired I am in no hurry to get out. Yesterday the wind died down and the temp got up to 10 so I cleared the drive. A neighbor who has a plow on his pickup and has a drive that drops off on one side and has trees and power poles on the other asked if I could blow snow over the the bank since he was running out of room to push it. I smiled. This morning I blew snow over the bank for him, went to my sisters to blow the snow from her mailbox and was having so much fun decided to clear her neighbor's mailbox. He also has a pickup with plow and had plowed my sisters drive Tuesday when I refused to get out due to the cold. He lives on a corner and the county had plowed snow from two directions so while the box was kind of sorta open for a carrier with long arms I thought it would be nice to open it up a bit. 15 minutes of big plumes of snow did it. This afternoon the temp shot up to 18 so I decided to clear my wife's bird feeders. Another 45 minutes of fun. As I went to put the blower away I went to push back the bank beside the door and ran in a short 2x2. Instead of a $3.35 shear pin breaking a $42.87 (plus tax) belt broke. :( The biggest reason I like a blower and not a blade can be seen above.I can cut snow that deep, that was wind driven and packed, the entire width of the blower, 42 inches, in one pass and it is 15 to 20 feet away and can lay until spring. Of course with a blade nothing except maybe the 2x2 would have broke. I got the belt and may put it on tomorrow. Starting to snow. Maybe more fun tomorrow. Vern :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Fun blowing snow - almost

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:01 pm

I assume the 42 inch blower is on a Cadet? I, too, prefer a blower to a blade.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby v w » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Don McCombs wrote:I assume the 42 inch blower is on a Cadet? I, too, prefer a blower to a blade.

Yes. A GT2186. Vern

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:30 am

I've heard a lot about blade vs. blower. Now that I have a CCC 782, I'd like to get a blower mounted to it. Keep the blade on the Cub and then I could use both as needed. You right about staying in until the wind dies down; that's no fun.

Thanks for showing the picture. Looks like it did well.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby v w » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:36 am

Stanton wrote:I've heard a lot about blade vs. blower. Now that I have a CCC 782, I'd like to get a blower mounted to it. Keep the blade on the Cub and then I could use both as needed. You right about staying in until the wind dies down; that's no fun.

Thanks for showing the picture. Looks like it did well.

If you want to move snow the blower is IMHO the way to go. I can clear my drive in less than half the time that it takes with the cub. I do have the blade and chains on the cub however. Good for drive only. Too big for wife's bird feeders. Today no moving snow by any means. 40 degrees, fog and rain. Vern

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:25 pm

I moved 6 yard dump truck loads of fill faster than he could bring it I had it leveled off with my blade on my cc70. I can clean my long driveway in minutes with my 108cc with the creeper and thrower. The cub cadets are little serious work horses.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:50 am

I had a lot of trouble with a blower on the front of my 680 (quiet line) IMHO the heat from the engine and exhaust is directed on the chute and caused it to plug constantly. I wound up making a deflector to get some of the heat away, with some success. Just my experiences...

Return to “Cub Cadet”