Cub Cadet 125 - Santa Arrived Early This Year

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Monday afternoon I happened to be at the right place at the right time. I ran into a gentleman at the local auto parts store. He and his wife have retired and are getting ready to move to Georgia. He had just sold a load of scrap and was getting ready to go home and get another load ready for the next day. He looked at me and said "Your into Cubbies ain't you?" He told me he had a 125 that he was going to scrap but would rather see it go to a good home and to come out and make him an offer on it. He last used it last spring to level out new gravel in his driveway. He bought it from the original owner in 1982 had all of the books for it and a few accessories and said he would drop it off on his way to the scrapper. The wiring is a hodge podge of jumpers and aligator clips. The brakes are locked from sitting but overall it didn't look in too bad of shape for scrap price. He also threw in wide frame chassis with gear drive transmission and I believe there is a snow blower somewhere in the mix.

This is what was sitting by the barn when I came home last night:

Tonight I found this when I came home:

Who knows what tomorrow will bring:

Doug

Re: Cub Cadet 125 - Santa Arrived Early This Year

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:52 pm

You need to hang out at that parts house more often. Good catch!

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Third picture is a tiller drive. Could that tiller be next, to show up?
Ed

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:19 pm

The weights on the rear wheels fit a standard Cub's front rim. If there is an IH logo on the weights, the weights alone are probably worth the entire load's scrap price. If no IH logo, worth about 1/2 the IH weights price.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Nice snag, Doug. Be sure to lock it all up, David Grapes might show up.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Merry Christmas to you!!!!! :{_}:

Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:47 am

Nice neighbor. Get him a Christmas present.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:53 am

WOW! What a generous neighbor! Don't know how much you paid, but if scrap price, then you made out like a bandit. That 125 so equipped should be able to push any amount of snow (or gravel) you need it to.

Merry Christmas INDEED! :wink:

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:35 am

Nice haul!! Did you get any more goodies? ...like a snow blower or a tiller?

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:Nice snag, Doug. Be sure to lock it all up, David Grapes might show up.

YEP, that's my kind of deal!

Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Wow, great story! Along with all the options pointed out, does the 125 look like it could have a spring assist? Behind the yellow wire is a sure indication of one. Yup, we're all into Cubbies!