This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Replacing K engine with Kohler Magnum

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ly134
10+ Years
10+ Years

Replacing K engine with Kohler Magnum

Postby ly134 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:30 pm

Has anyone replaced the K engine in a model 122 with a Kohler Magnum.
The 12 HP K engine in the 122 is beyond repair and I came across a good Magnum 8HP made in 1993. I will not be working this cub 122, just need another engine for neighborhood rides. Any tricks you can give me on needed installation information??

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:10 pm

Haven't tried it and don't know if the clutch drive plate will fit the end of the magnum crank/flywheel, but if it does you want to be sure the centerline of the Magnum crank is located at the same distance above the frame rails that the centerline of the "K" crank was, or you will have clutch/driveline alignment problems. I don't think it will be a simple bolt-in swap.

Return to “Cub Cadet”