This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Serial number tag help please!

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Denis
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Skype Name: deniscub
Tractors Owned: 1929 Farmall Regular
1946 Farmall M
1948 Farmall H
1948 Farmall B
1952 Farmall Cub
1971 Cub Cadet 108
1939 Minneapolis Moline UTS

Serial number tag help please!

Postby Denis » Tue May 31, 2005 6:21 am

Hello all,

Please could someone tell me where to look for the serial number plate on a Original as well as a Model 70 Cub Cadet.

I have found one in pretty bad condition and want to find out what it is. These little tractors are very scarce out here so any find is an exiting one. :D :)

Thanks in advance, Denis. :lol:
Fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Tue May 31, 2005 7:16 am

denis: The SN on an Original is stamped on the reduction housing on the right side(this will take you to a picture on post at 12:38 AM. Number 611 in scraped off area) http://ihregistry.com/discus/messages/2 ... 1117547948
The 70 & 100 are stamped or have a tag in the same area on the reduction housing. I looked on the Ihregistry and I think that is what it was showing me.
http://ihregistry.com/ref/sns.htm
Last edited by wdeturck on Tue May 31, 2005 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Tue May 31, 2005 8:51 am

As William's example shows, the numbers on an Original are stamped into (not the rasied, cast, numbers) the right side of the gear reduction housing, in a vertical line, just forward and above the pipe plug/oil fill hole.

The S/N on the earlier model 70/100's is stamped into (again, not the rasied, cast, numbers) the right side of the gear reduction housing on the front of the transmission, in a vertical line in numbers about 3/16" high. The later 70/100's had the number stamped into the forward, raised, squarish, boss on the right side of the transmission case, in a horizontial line, in numbers 1/8" high. In either place, and also on an Original, you may have to do some cleaning and or paint scraping to see/read the numbers because they are sometime only lightly stamped. The numbers on the early tractors are sometimes uneven which leads me to believe they were hand stamped, one number at a time.

Return to “Cub Cadet”