Cadet stretch limo!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:29 pm

From another forum. Ed
http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121511

Re: Cadet stretch limo!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:37 pm

WOW !!! Way cool !!! Love the ingenuity.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:56 pm

That's too cool!!!! ImageIt could probably use 4 wheel steering.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Okey dokey ... now how do you turn the corner with that :?: :?: :?: Neat project though .. :D 8)

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:19 am

The site shows the entire building process. Worth the view. Here it it finished. Vern

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:41 am

ricky racer wrote:That's too cool!!!! ImageIt could probably use 4 wheel steering.

I agree. It's quite a project but I'd rather have that short one with the big tires. Would take up a LOT less space :!: :lol:

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:23 am

Make some money, at Red Power, transporting people to the parking lots! Ed

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:33 am

Yea, this thing's going to be a pain to store, anywhere!

Looks like a really cool project, however, I have to wonder how that solid drive shaft and pillow blocks are going to react when you've got 4 adults sitting on there and the whole frame flexes. Heck, I've seen the regular frame on a Cub Cadet flex if you drop a wheel into a gopher hole :shock: (don't ask me how I know this!). That little 2x2 tubing and sheet metal cover is not going to hold up to much stress. Maybe I'm missing something??? Na, it's just the engineer in me. I sure would have built that frame a lot heavier, probably used C channel for the frame instead of sheet metal. But heck, I over engineer everything!

Should be interesting to see it in action!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:44 pm

gitractorman wrote:probably used C channel for the frame instead of sheet metal

I agree, C-channel and a couple frame braces. The sheet metal looks pretty heavy though, frame braces for sure, it needs them for flex. I can visualize it collapsing in the middle somewhere. The bigger question is why build it? It MIGHT get used a couple times a year after the novelty wears off.