This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower Deck Drive Belt Size

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
springspecial53
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 69162

Mower Deck Drive Belt Size

Postby springspecial53 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:42 am

I am sure that this question has been asked a hundred times and that the answers are already posted somewhere, but I can't seem to find them. What size mower deck drive belt does my 1250 with a 38" deck use? Is the belt a different length than the same tracror with a 44" deck? My auto parts store said that the old belt was a 1/2" when I took it in. My understanding was that these tractors used a 3/8" belt. Anyway, thanks in advance for the help.

Loren H. :? :?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mower Deck Drive Belt Size

Postby Smokeycub » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:26 am

Hello, According to http://www.cubcadet-parts-direct.com/wp ... s/logo.gif the deck belt is a 1/2 x 72" They don't give the size for the drive belt but they list an IH part number, 478881-R3. I went to the NAPA cross reference and that came up with this - 3VX850. Hopefully that crossed correctly, it's a .375" (10mm) x 85" belt. The Cubcadet look up shows the 42" and the 38" deck use the same drive belt. For what it's worth I use the A series Power Master belts (1/2" belts) that Gates makes for both the drive belt and the deck belt on my 104 Cadet which is also supposed to use a .375" drive belt. They work very well and last a long time. NAPA, Carquest, and others sell the Power Master belts. Places like Tractor Supply don't seem to handle them, they definitely do not stock them.

Hope that helps you out.
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Return to “Cub Cadet”