This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

127 rebuild - more info

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

127 rebuild - more info

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sun May 22, 2005 7:08 pm

Going over my harness connections again, the only thing I can think of is the voltage regulator. The wiring schematic I have shows that the Lt. blue wire goes from the A side of the generator to the Gen terminal. The gray wire from the - side of the volt meter to the Bat. terminal and the yellow wire from the F side of the generator to the F terminal. My voltage regulator is a little different, so I have the yellow wire to the F terminal, the gray wire to the Bat. terminal and the Lt. blue wire to the L terminal. Does this shed any light on my problem as stated in my earlier posting?

All help welcome.

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun May 22, 2005 7:34 pm

First, you have the wrong VR for a 127. Second, the "L" terminal is for Load and is normally use to send power to the ignition switch on the tractors that use that regulator. The VR you have should have another (4th) terminal on it that is marked "GEN". It may be on the opposite side from the others, or may be on the bottom (but if on the bottom be sure it is not a ground terminal). Connect the light blue wire to it. Nothing should be connected to the "L" terminal in your case. I would try to get the correct VR, and it is probably cheaper at a Case IH dealer than a Cub Cadet dealer.

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sun May 22, 2005 10:12 pm

THANKS Paul! There is a fourth terminal and it is underneath the VR, on the bottom. I will switch the Lt. blue wire tomorrow and report back.

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

Return to “Cub Cadet”