This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

127 rebuild, FINAL question

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

127 rebuild, FINAL question

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sat May 21, 2005 2:25 pm

The 127 is all back together and wired up, ready to run. When we put power to the tractor via a set of jumper cables, the tractor began to turn over even with the ignition switch in the off position. The volt meter jumped over to full discharge. This happened when the clutch/brake was NOT depressed. What is going on? My buddy and I have gone over the wiring diagram several times and everything looks good. I have a new ignition switch, rebuilt motor, new harness.

Help, S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sat May 21, 2005 4:17 pm

S.H.A.F.T.
The starter use to keep going,trying to start the engine after it was already started.I had to pull the battery cable to stop it. All I did was change the ignition switch,and it was ok. 8) :) Bruce
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sat May 21, 2005 4:48 pm

It has a brand new ignition switch from CC. The old one was wollowed out and the key would not stay in. The connection from the new wire harness can only go on one way since it has a three prong plug. I don't think it's the ignition switch. The tractor tries to turn over as soon as power is put to the battery cables, with the ignition in the off position and the brake pedal not applied. How can it turn over if the neutral safetly switch is not engaged? I'm stumped, but I think it is something simple. Could it be a bad solenoid?

S.H.A.F.T.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sat May 21, 2005 5:57 pm

Does it have the correct voltage regulator? If so, is it wired correctly? if so, it sounds like a set of the points in the VR may be stuck.

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sat May 21, 2005 6:38 pm

It has the original voltage regulator that I took off at the start. Made one simple repair to it and re-installed. I'm stumped.

S.H.A.F.T.

Return to “Cub Cadet”