This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Re: 106 starting problem, need solenoid.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
hatchet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby hatchet » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:21 pm

I'm having problems starting the 127 this spring. Been following the good advice on the recent thread about the 106. Very good information and check list.
It helped me a lot since I don't know much about ignition systems. Could not figure out why there was no power on orange wire from solenoid to safety switch till I isolated it to check it for a break. That is when I discovered the terminal bolt was loose inside. So I checked on TM tractor and Messicks and could not find one. Got a part # from a diagram I-H 1114532. Has anyone bought one lately? Or is there an after market one that will do?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 pm

The solenoid is a common item stocked by your favorite auto parts store. Simply take you old solenoid in for a match up. Be sure to tell the clerk it's 12 volt.
I have an excuse. CRS.

hatchet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Re: 106 starting problem, need solenoid.

Postby hatchet » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 pm

You were right! Napa man matched it to a T. The old girl started on the first crank, and ran for about 3 minutes. Now it looks like I'll have to make a decision on getting another fuel sediment bowl or go with an in-line setup. I think I must have split the seat in my old one.
Thanks for all the good advise, it shore does come in handy. You know it pays to shop around, the first guy I talked to about the solenoid said he could order it and it would only be $93.00. Said i think I'll check around. Napa had it for $22.00.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Re: 106 starting problem, need solenoid.

Postby Eugene » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 pm

hatchet wrote:You know it pays to shop around, the first guy I talked to about the solenoid said he could order it and it would only be $93.00. Napa had it for $22.00.
Yup, pays to shop around. Major projects, I make a list of parts and supplies, then shop around. As indicated, there is frequently a significant price difference.

The local stores frequently beat the on line prices and sometime significantly including taxes, when postage and handling if calculated in.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Cub Cadet”